Saturday 1 April 2017

Not such an April fool? 01/04/2017

With the weather due to come in badly later in the morning, I made the most of the sun first thing to go for a dartford warbler up at Aylesbeare. As it turns out, a dartie was something like the 3rd or 4th bird I saw upon arrival, noodling around in some gorse. It flew with what looked to be another one, and I didn get views after that so I continued on towards where Tar had mapped out for me. Along the way I picked up my first blackcap of the year in the woodland area, and was shortly on to another dartie and a yellowhammer at the intended location. Nice how things workout sometimes! Linnets flew overhead, providing the 4th new tick of the year. Nearing 75% now!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.