Thursday 20 April 2017

Jumping the gun - 20/04/2017

I was into the last few days of my Easter leave, and I had a hankering to do some birding. So after picking up Ai-lin we made our way to Craig Cerrig. We detoured to the youth hostel woods first, where we saw black cap and my first pied flycatchers of the year, though we didn't get much else than that, although I potentially saw a redstart at one point.


Across the road we kept an eye out for rouzel and whinchat, but to no avail for both - it seems it's still that bit too early. However we did get a peregrine low over with a kill, and the ravens were keeping a marauding buzzard more than occupied. That was about the sum of it from a fairly fleeting visit, but I'll be back in a few weeks for sure,and I won't be leaving without a ring ouzel.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.