Sunday 23 July 2017

Wood Sandpiper - Goldcliff - 23/07/2017

Given that I was still tired after last week's stag, I wasn't really game for an early start - but with the weather inclement after around 10am, and a wood sandpiper at Goldcliff I made the effort and got up at 7am. On arrival I popped my head in at the first hide, but with not much on offer I headed down to the new screen and was very quickly on to the wood sand, tucked down in the bottom left from the screen.


Digiscoping is getting much easier with this new phone, and I'm getting better results.

After the sandpiper dropped out of view I  got speaking to the fella who came in, and he was doing a WEBS count. I had a good scan around for knot, but there were hundreds of dunlin, a few godwit, common sandpiper, and a little ringed plover with a chick. I decided to head off for yellow wagtail, and along the way bumped into Darryl where we saw 3 redstart in the hedge. At the hide the weather took a turn for the worse and the rain came in, but I managed to find two yellow wags, one male and one female present. I headed off as the rain came in quite hard, but it was worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.