Monday 14 May 2012

Pie Round 2 - 14/05/2012

After being home for my mam's 60th Jess and I popped by the youth hostel woods in Brecon again to check in on the Pied Fly couple. I picked up the male immediately but did not see the female the entire time we were there, so I'm hoping she's sitting on eggs at this point. The male was on guard at all times, and this allowed chance for a couple of shots before leaving him be.



I had toil today after working at Kenfig on Saturday, so after a quick trip to the landfill I swung by Lamby Lake. There were plenty of male Reed Buntings and at least seven or so Reed Warblers in the area, another strange mallard and a family of Swans with seven cygnets in the small pool near the car park. I took the 75-300mm on the off chance that there would be a chance to get some better hand-held hirundine shots, and I had to get to grips with the manual focus to get any decent warbler shots, but it's all good practice!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.