Sunday 15 April 2012

Bowling Green Marsh and Yarak, Exeter - 15/04/2012

Titw Tomos Las
With our trip to Yarak booked for the afternoon I went down to The Bowling Green Marsh for a quick trip to see what was about. Plenty of Chiffchaffs, and lots of the usual frisky Dunnocks in the lane. It was low tide, so a quick stop in at the hide only gave up a few typical species. I stood for a few minutes watching some Bluetits at the gate near the observation point, and managed to get this particularly nice shot -

Two Redshank on the estuary was all that I could see after the Little Egret bowed out when I appeared. On the way back I kept my eyes peeled for Willow Warblers, and caught the back end of what I think was one as it flew off. I also managed to see some Summer migrants in the form of some suspected Sand Martins in small groups flying over.

A quick stop at The Bridge Inn gave up a Little Egret and Common Sandpiper feeding on the muddy sides. There were also groups of these Grey Mullet in the shallows of river which I noticed from the new footbridge -















After lunch Jess and I made our way to Yarak Bird Of Prey Centre in Cullompton and had a great time, seeing lots of and different species.We saw our first Swallows of the year from the car on the way back home to boot! 


Goshawk














Feruginous Hawk

White-Faced Scops Owl - Not a good day for this mouse!
Long-eared Owl
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.