Saturday 23 September 2017

Big birding day! 23/09/2017


 I set out early to get some birding in, and arrived at Goldcliff for the second day in a row (after a brief visit yesterday around work) and headed around to the newest platforms. I could see a single little stint from the first, but headed around to the brand new one.. and there were 4! So that was at least 5. 2 marsh harriers flew over which was cool. The new platform is great, and the waders are much closer. However, news broke that the red necked phalarope was still at WWT Llanelli, so I jumped back in the car and made my way.



The red-necked phalarope was still behind the British Steel hide, and I spent a while watching it feed on the pool. The waders had headed out to the estuary however, so still no knot, but there two sleepy spoonies were roosting at the back.



When I got home, Nick whatsapped us that a wryneck was at Llandegfedd reservoir.. I drove over to Nicks, and Tara met us to go for a drive on the chance that we caught up with it - And we did! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.