Sunday 19 March 2017

Little Gull Round 2 - 19/03/2017

Despite some superb birding on Heather's part and picking up the little gull yesterday, I was still hankering after some better views, but hedging my bets with how rubbish the weather was. Nick was fancying heading down anyway, so we made our way down the Bay and luckily for us the weather was much better than anticipated if still cold and windy. Based on where we myself and Heather were yesterday I thought Prospect Place might be a better bet than the Barrage, and we were soon on to the scaup and long tailed duck upon arrival. The LTD is looking very smart now, and living up to it's name.







A passing birder put us on to the general area for the little gull and we made our way around to the left to look over towards the yacht club. After a couple of false starts, I picked it up, and Nick was able to get a pretty good pic snapping away at a general area with me calling out where it was going. I managed a couple of poor record shots at distance, but enjoyed some great scope views several times.




A celebratory bacon sarnie went down nicely - cheers Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.