Monday 5 May 2014

Gwenffrwd-Dinas - 04/05/14

A year to the day, Jess and I re-visited the Gwenffrwd-Dinas reserve in Mid Wales after popping home for a Sunday lunch. Upon arrival, the second bird I saw from the car park was a singing Garden Warbler, my first of the year, doing rounds in bushes near the car park. We took the long route around the reserve, keeping an eye for Pied Flycatchers, Redstart, and Wood Warbler. We even explored Twm Sion Cati's cave high up a steep valley side above the Tywi, but can't say that I rate his taste in hideouts!



These chaffinches were keen to share our biscuits!



We stopped off in Llandovery because I had a hankering for a pint, and from the car park I saw my first Swift of the year hawking above us. It was a very nice pint, if someone quickly drunk because it went slightly cooler, and then Jess drove us home to Cardiff.

 Bank-holiday Monday saw me getting a little stir crazy so I took a short visit back to Rudry Common where the wind was keeping most things fairly grounded, so I didn't stay long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.