Friday 5 July 2013

If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it - 05/07/2013


A stunning forecast for the next week or so meant that I could not resist taking a day off to give Craig Cerrig-gleisiad another go for the ring ouzels. I set off fairly early before Jess had left for work and on arrival I decided to take the steep path up the left side of the valley. The area was alive with Pipits displaying and hunting for food.





The climb was hard going in the heat, but near the top my heart leaped because a pair of ouzels flew up over the cliff side and onto fence posts about  twenty or so metres away. Before I could get the camera up they flew on into the farmers fields, as shocked to see me as I was them. They didn't go too far though, and then busied themselves by feeding and gathering worms in the short grass. They were back and fore down the cliff side and back up to the fields often, so perhaps they were feeding a second brood. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.