Friday 12 April 2013

Nelson Wern revisited - 12/04/2013

I fancied a quick trip back to the Wern this morning even though it was pretty grim out, but I'm glad that I went. The rain held off and there was a good selection of species around, including tit species of most kinds, with long-tailed, blue, great, coal and willow, but also goldcrest, greater spotted woodpecker, treecreeper, male blackcap and a pair of nuthatch, whilst a buzzard soared above the canopy and I caught glimpses of hirundines which appeared to be moving north. 

I'm especially happy with this nuthatch photo as it was shot in manual mode, of which I managed to get plenty of practice in with the light being so dim! I was shooting wide open at up to ISO 1000 at times, and with re-adjusted white balance. This version has had a few tweaks in photoshop, but the original was quite good even against the white sky. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.