Friday 22 March 2013

Rainy March - 22/03/2013

After driving though heavy snow up in Birmingham last night, there was heavy rain back here in Cardiff, and I took a short and soggy visit to Forest Farm this morning. Usual suspects around, including aerial combatant Kingfishers, threat calling noisily and chasing each other near the Llyn Y Gamlas hide. Took a few shots of this calling male Bullfinch before my camera was saturated -


Singing in the rain. Literally.


There were also Treecreeper, and Green Woodie in among the trees by the stream behind the hide, and also a singing male Wren displaying. I think there's probably a nest nearby there as there were two on the return journey from the hide which I assume where a pair, so it's probably in the holly there somewhere.







I've also got this unusual item growing in the garden at the moment, and the closest I can ID it to is Yellow Brain Fungus-



Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.